Work with us
Do you want to get hands-on, research models of regenerative land use, write a scientific paper, or develop machinery to maintain multifunctional systems?
We are always looking for more partners and look forward to hearing from you.
Current job openings can be found below.
Interested in technology and sustainability? Would you like a varied and meaningful job in a friendly and highly motivated team?
For the support of our team we are immediately looking for a technology enthusiast (f/m/d).
Your area of responsibility
- Collaboration in research projects: installation, commissioning and maintenance of measuring stations and measuring devices as well as data readout
- Diagnosis and elimination of errors in hardware/software
- Support in the recording and processing of research data, including drone-assisted mapping
Your qualification profile
- Degree or training in computer science, data science or electrical engineering
- Work experience desirable
- Programming & SQL knowledge
- Experience with drone processing software (Pix4D) and Qgis
- Skilled and interested in smaller manual tasks, especially in the area of electrics/electronics
The position is available immediately, permanent, full-time with working location in Alt Madlitz/proportional home office arrangement possible. We look forward to receiving your application via email using the button on the left. You can view the detailed job description in German in the PDF here:
Are you interested in a varied and meaningful job in a friendly and highly motivated team?
We are looking for a versatile farmer/forester (f/m/d) to join our team at the Alt Madlitz site as soon as possible.
Your field of activity
- Establishment and maintenance of agroforestry systems
- Coordination of volunteers and interns in the agroforestry system
- Employment in all areas of the agroforestry
Your qualification profile
- Completed training as a forester/ farmer/ master farmer/ agricultural service specialist/ B. Sc. agricultural/ forestry science or equivalent practical experience of several years
- Good knowledge of tree species
- Good physical fitness
- Class B driving license
- Independent and conscientious way of working as well as good organizational and team skills
- Enjoyment of both physical, mechanical and mental work
- Passion and understanding for organic agriculture
Position to be filled immediately. An extensive training period is provided. If you would like to contribute your expertise and commitment to our non-profit organization, we look forward to receiving your application documents via email using the button on the left.
You can view the detailed job description in German in the PDF here:
Interested in diving into our diverse areas of multifunctional, regenerative and ecological land use?
As part of the impact area education, the Finck Foundation offers internships to interested people several times a year in the following areas for the periods listed:
- Agroforestry (May-July, Aug.-Oct., Nov.-January),
- Holistic pasture management (April-June, July-Sept., Oct.-Dec.),
- Tree nursery (April-June, July-Sep., Oct.-Dec.),
- Compost (April-June, July-Sept, Oct-Dec).
Are you interested in methods of ecological regenerative land use, do you have time for a period of at least three months and are you enrolled at university? Or would you like to complete the internship as part of your apprenticeship? Then we look forward to hearing from you.
The detailed job description in German can be found here in the PDF:
If you are conducting research in the field of multifunctional land use concepts with your organization or research institute, are actively involved in nature conservation, or are an economist with experience and interest in methods for the valorization of ecosystem services, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Students who would like to investigate or have specific questions on the laboratory areas we use, are also welcome to contact us for their thesis. Please fill out our contact form and add your questions, or collaboration requests.
Bachelor, master and doctoral theses
Are you studying or working at a university or college and want to do research on the topics of regenerative, multifunctional land use, biodiversity, soil life or nature conservation and are looking for a living lab? We will be happy to provide information for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral theses of students who want to investigate of data within the framework of a final thesis. If you are interested or have any questions, please fill out our contact form.
Possible research topics:
- Soil analysis area (doctoral thesis on soil sampling systematics): Since 2021, over 400 soil samples with over 10,000 punctures were georeferenced on the agricultural areas we studied and analyzed by five different laboratories. Samples were taken according to the German VDLUFA standard method as well as according to methods developed by the soil scientists Albrecht, Kinsey, Haney in the USA and Husz, Unterfrauner in Austria. The aim of a dissertation would be the management of the first follow-up sampling, the analysis of the comparability of the different sampling systems and recommendations for action for farmers/ growers who are confronted with diverse soil sampling methods and results.
- Field of composting: creation of a sampling design as well as investigation and evaluation of a dressing trial with compost and microalgae.
- Pasture management area: evaluating prussic acid levels in Sudan grass and deriving implications for cattle grazing.
- Agroforestry/ forest conversion area: measurement and comparison of photosynthetic rates of existing, newly planted and seeded trees using Brix and NDVI (drone).
Request for machine development
Do you develop tools or develop agricultural equipment, or applications that facilitate the work of farmers? Especially in the field of regenerative and multifunctional land use concepts? If yes and you would like to test these with us as part of our research projects on the areas used by the Finck Foundation as a living lab, please contact us with your idea. Please fill out our contact form to submit your request to us.